Following are the participating food distribution cities in Maine:
Where: Rinfret Drive, Brewer, ME
When: Fridays from 12pm – 1pm through September 1.
AmeriCorps Member: Tabitha Boze (email Tabitha)
The Americorps volunteer member will be at the REV Up The Fun table during Pizza Fridays. You can find the REV Up The Fun Americorps volunteer member, wearing mask and gloves, at the table to distribute the REV Up Activity Sheets. 75 families will be served in total.
Brewer Contact Info:
Karen Smith, Program Manager of Economic Self-Sufficiency Programs (email Karen)
Janet Maddo – (email Janet)
Jessica Gildea, Program Manager, Good Shepherd Food Bank – (email Jessica)
Where: 12 Tiger Way, Biddeford, ME
When: Wednesdays at 9:30 AM through September 1.
AmeriCorps Member: Andrew Tierney (email Andrew)
REV Up The Fun will have a table at site every Wednesday during Pizza Wednesdays. Americorps volunteers, wearing masks and gloves, will hand out activity sheets at table. 500 people will be served at this site.
Biddeford Contact Info:
Sandy Lewis – email@example.com (Food Service Supervisor)
Where: Mountain Valley High School – 799 Hancock St., Rumford, ME
When: Wednesdays at 8 AM through September 1.
AmeriCorps Member: Lilo Bean (email Lilo)
Americorps volunteer will be packaging both food and worksheets at Mountain Valley High School every Wednesday safely with gloves and mask. Americorp Volunteer may also be at the library on Thursdays to hand out additional worksheets. Rumford and Buckfield will be participating as a REV Up The Fun site. 500 people will be served in total.
Rumford Contact Info:
Jeanne Lapointe, School Nutrition Director – (email Jeanne)
Lewiston (4 locations):
- Connor’s Elementary School – 400 Bartlett St. Lewiston, ME
- Farwell Elementary – 84 Farwell St., Lewiston, ME
- Somali Bantu – 145 Pierce St., Lewiston, ME
- The Root Cellar – 89 Birch St., Lewiston, ME
When: Wednesdays from 10 AM – 12 PM through September 1.
AmeriCorps Members: Katherine Cook (email Katherine) and Emma Lord (email Emma)
REV Up The Fun Americorps volunteers will have tables at four different sites, alternating sites every week. Root Cellar and Somali Bantu are walk-up sites and require tables. At Connors and Farwell, Americorps volunteers will distribute worksheets to each vehicle by walking up to them and handing them out. At all sites, the Americorps volunteers will wear masks and gloves (for the safety of all) and will hand the REV Up Activity Sheets out on site. On a weekly basis, 2,500 people will be served.
Lewiston Contact Info:
Alisa Roman, Director of Nutrition, Lewiston Public Schools – (email Alisa)
Jeanie Giroux, Administrative Assistant, LPS Nutrition Program – (email Jeanie)
Portland (11 Locations)
- Deering High School – 370 Stevens Ave., Portland, ME
- King Middle School – 75 Deering St., Portland, ME
- Lyman Moore Middle School – 171 Auburn St., Portland, ME
- Presumpscot Elementary School – 69 Presumpscot Ave., Portland, ME
- Reiche Elementary School – 166 Bracket St., Portland, ME
- Riverton Elementary School – 1600 Forest Ave., Portland, ME
- Bayside Anchor (PHA) – Oxford St., Portland, ME
- Munjoy South Playground (fence near the playground) – End of Adams St., Portland, ME
- Portland Campus – 277 Cumberland Ave., Portland, ME
- Riverton Park – 2 Riverton Drive, Portland, ME
- Sagamore Village – 21 Popham St., Portland, ME
We have been serving about 600 kids per week!